About The Job
The Town of Knightstown, Indiana Electric Utility is currently seeking an Electric Lineman to join our team. This person will be part of a production driven team, performing routine maintenance of electric utility power lines, responding to power outages, overseeing tree/limb removal and will be responsible for electric transmission maintenance and inspection, as well as other duties as assigned.
General Essential Functions: (The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. Additional responsibilities may also be assigned.)
- Oversee, perform and direct electric transmission maintenance and inspection of lines, replacement of meters as necessary, perform electrical installations for new service, respond to customer inquiries, perform repairs and maintenance on various types of equipment, while following Knightstown Electric Utility and customer policies, procedures, safety rules and Federal and State laws.
- Must be able to wire, terminate and understand municipal electric grid and work independently or as an integrated team to complete complex critical electrical tie-ins and repair electrical outages.
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and organizations.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Must be able to complete assigned tasks in a reasonable amount of time determined by Project Supervisor.
- Participate in and provide support for team initiatives in the areas of Safety, Quality and Productivity.
- Maintain exceptional housekeeping standards at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Basic Job Requirements
- 4+ years' experience as a utility electric lineman
- Valid State Driver's License with a Clean Driving Record
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Good attendance and punctuality required
- Must be self-motivated and willing to work
- Experience and proficiency running electrical conduit with precision expertise
- Must have layout capabilities
- Must have a good attitude and be willing to work with others
- Must be hard working and have the drive and determination to complete the task at hand
- Must be dependable and willing to complete the project at hand from start to finish
- Must Pass Drug Screen and Background Checks
Essential Skills Include
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Attention to Details
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Problem Solving
- Equipment Maintenance
- Basic Safety
- Supply Management
- Technical Understanding
- Customer Service